The Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Mathura was established in 1984 under the administrative control of CSAUA&T, Kanpur, which was later transferred to the administrative control of U.P.Pt. Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Pashu Chikitsa Vigyan Vishwavidyalaya Evam Go-Anusandhan Sansthan, Mathurain 2004. The basic philosophy of establishing a net of KVK’s in the country lies in ensuring house hold food and nutritional security of growing population on our country and proper reorientation and restructuring of the extension planning for judiciaries use of human as well as other resources.
The KVK, Mathura takes up the activities of skill training of farmers by providing work experience On Farm Testing to identify location specificity of technologies in various farmers systems, in-service training of extension personnels to updates their knowledge in frontier areas of agriculture technologies and organizing front line demonstrations to establish production potentials on farmers field and provide feedback. Keeping this view 4 basic Mandates of KVK are identified / Made
- Organize short & long term vocational training course in agriculture and allied vocations for the farmers and rural youths with emphasis on learning by doing for higher production on farms and generating self employment.
- Organize trainings to update the extension personnel with emerging advances in agriculture research on regular basis.
- Organize Front line Demonstrations (FLD) on various crops to generate production data and feedback information.
- Conducting On Farm Testing (OFT) for identifying technologies in terms of location specific and sustainable laud use system.
- Coordination between line departments of the district, Banks, NGO’s and other Central & State Government Institutions.
Main Activities of KVK
- On Campus: Farmers and Farm women (At Center)
- Off Campus (Out side of the Center at Farmers Field)
- Rural Youth
- Extension Functionaries
- Sponsored Program
FRONTLINE DEMONSTRATION (FLD’S):-
- Demonstration conducted on various crops on farmers field in the selected villages.
ON FARM TESTINGS (OFT’S):-
- On Farm Testing conducted on various crops on farmers field and at the Center.
Kisan Melas & Exhibitions
|Dr. S.K. Mishra||Professor/PC||Ph.D.||email@example.com||+919412884692|
|Dr. B.L. Yadav||SMS (AS)||Ph.D.|
|Dr. Neelam Singh Chauhan||(Home Sc)||Ph.D.||+919219768648|
|Dr. Y.K. Sharma||SMS (Agril. Ext.)||Ph.D.||+919412559945|