About the Department
The Department of Medicine was established at U.P. College of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry, Mathura in 1950 (three years after establishment of the college). The department started granting M.V.Sc. degree in 1962 and Ph.D. degree in 1970. Besides teaching of undergraduate and post graduate degree programs, department is providing expert clinical services through Kothari Veterinary Hospital (TVCC) and ambulatory clinical services in and around Mathura district.
Improving animal health through better diagnostic, therapeutic and control measures for diseases. In addition, the department intends to impart quality graduate and post graduate training through better research and dissemination of knowledge to animal health specialists and dairy farmers at the field level.
- Improve diagnosis and treatment of animals.
- To conduct need based research for development of effective diagnosis, treatment and preventive measures against economically important diseases of livestock.
- To provide quality education in veterinary medicine to undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Dissemination of research knowledge from laboratories to field animal health specialists and livestock farmers.