Vet. Surgery & Radiology
The erstwhile U.P. College of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry was established in 1947. The department of Surgery & Radiology was established in the year 1950-51 to impart training to undergraduate students of BVSc & AH. Post graduate studies leading to award of MVSc and PhD degree began in the year 1968 and 1978, respectively. The department started rendering post-graduate courses in the year 1968. Since then there had been a continued expansion in the departmental activities, providing facilities for research and post-graduate teaching in Veterinary Surgery and Radiology including radiology. Recently further facilities for research have been extended and in clinical work. The experiential learning center at TVCC is a recent development in last 3 years to upgrade the facility of clinical veterinary surgery. This center is equipped with some state of the art clinical facilities such as radiology wing equipped with 500mA and 100mA machine, 9‘’ C-arm image intensifier, ultrasound machine, multiparameter patient monitors, anaesthetic machine, endoscopy, operating microscope, electrosurgery unit, etc. The clinical surgery work conducted by the department covers management of trauma, orthopaedic surgery, endoscopic procedures, soft tissue surgery, management of prolapses and large animal surgery and other clinicosurgical conditions.